Relationship Tests are used to verify paternity and/or maternity when the sample of the parent(s) is not available, but other relatives can submit their sample.
Therefore, relationship tests include tests between siblings, grandparents and grandchildren, with uncles or aunts, etc.
Used to verify relationships on the paternal line and only between males. For example:
- Test brother to brother.
- Test paternal grandfather to grandson.
- Test paternal uncle to nephew.
This test is mainly used to verify paternity using female relatives. For example:
- Test sister to sister.
- Test paternal grandmother to granddaughter.
This test offers the possibility of verifying relationships on both maternal and the paternal sides, also regardless of the gender of the people to test. For example:
- Test between siblings.
- Test paternal grandmother to grandson.
- Test paternal grandfather to granddaughter.